January 24, 2020 |
Before reading this blog post today, you've probably watched a video. You’ll probably watch one at some point later today, without even thinking about it. It might be a video you see while scrolling through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. There’s also a strong chance that the videos you see are from YouTube. There’s a good reason for that; YouTube ranks as the second most popular site on the internet, behind Google.
If you’re looking for more proof on how video can benefit your organization, we’ve rounded up some quick data points about its power and effectiveness.
- 57% of people who watch a nonprofit video feel inspired to donate.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn about a product or service, which makes videos a great medium to get the word out about your mission.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading text.
- Video is the preferred type of branded content on social media.
- By 2022, video will comprise 82 percent of internet traffic.
- Video improves email performance: open rates are boosted by 19 percent, click-through rates are boosted by 65 percent, and unsubscribes are reduced by 26 percent.
- Tweets with videos attract 10 times more engagement than those without.
- Instagram videos have a 38 percent higher engagement rate than image posts on average.
Whether it’s a how-to video, content from a favorite YouTube personality, or a silly cat video, we all love watching videos. Pro tip: they’re also a great way to give your a digital programs an update. Data shows that people watch over a billion hours of video on YouTube everyday. And if you watched a video you liked, odds are you probably also shared it with a friend. The bottom line? Video is powerful.
Ready to take the next step and make a video for your organization? It's cheaper and easier than you think. Get all of the info you need in our guide to making professional-quality video with just a smartphone.