September 12, 2018 |
For fundraisers, the clarity of each donor contact record matters. A clean and complete contact record saves time and provides fundraisers with the full picture. Development teams need to know how the relationship with each donor has evolved over the years. It is impossible to track the nuances of all of those relationships without a little extra help from your CRM. With the personal email to notes feature, fundraisers can easily document their email conversations with donors.
Instead of copying and pasting email text into contact records, the ‘Personal Email to Notes’ feature will allow you to push the text of your Outlook, Gmail or other email communications with your supporter automatically into the supporter's EveryAction contact record.
This feature will increase the information stored on contact records, and save Major Gift Officers, Events Directors, and Donor Services Managers time, by allowing them to BCC a unique address on emails they want to record rather than copying and pasting the text in manually.
This feature will help you better track your email conversations with supporters, so that you have a full 360-degree view of engagements without any extra clicks.
Other aspects of this feature include:
- When the unique address is BCCed onto a personal email message, the database will automatically match that message to the user in the correct committee. It finds the right contact(s) based on the email address used in the To and CC of the message.
- The message will be recorded for any contacts that have email addresses that match the recipient(s) of the message. If no contacts match any of the recipients of the message, the EveryAction user will get a notification by email.
- For every contact that receives the message, a Contact History of "Personal Email" will be recorded on their record. The user for the Contact History entry will be the user linked to the BCCed email address.
- The body of the email will be recorded as a note.
- If the email is originated using an email link on the platform—such as the email link on the top of Contact Details, or from a Moves Management Action plan—the system will automatically insert the BCC email address onto the message.
- It's also possible to search for contacts who have had Personal Email to Notes recorded on their record, and to see the interaction in Notes.
Please note that users will have separate, unique BCC email addresses for each committee to which they have access. These addresses should not be shared, as doing so may cause emails to be attributed to the wrong user.
For a full walk-through of this new feature, please see the ‘Personal Email to Notes’ article in our help docs (accessed in the drop-down under the user account name in the top right corner of the window and by being logged into ActionID).