What data do we collect and how do we use it?
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your mobile device when you access our Services. For example, when using the MiniVAN application, we log your mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, pages you viewed, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Services. We collect this information about you using cookies.
Our crash logging system (Crashlytics) uses IP to differentiate device crashes and track how many individual devices are experiencing a given crash. Our analytics platform (Firebase / Google) uses IP to determine general area for reporting usage by country, state, etc.
If permission is granted, we log device locations to ensure canvassers are near the doors they are claiming to be canvassing. These locations are attached to the canvass records.
Use of Collection Information
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Services, products, and services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Services;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
Does NGP VAN disclose any of your personal information?
NGP VAN does not sell, trade, exchange, or reveal individual information to any third parties other than as described above.
Will NGP VAN use its clients' data for direct mailings to you?
NGP VAN does not contact the people in its clients' databases for any purpose. You may, however, receive e-mail sent through our e-mail servers from the organization to which you contributed or with which you signed up. One of the services we provide to our clients enables them to send e-mail to their donors, supporters, and volunteers through our servers.
Data Retention and Request for Deletion
We will retain your personal data until you exercise your right to be forgotten or your right to erasure, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Services may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
Your use of our software and services constitutes your consent to and your agreement with this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this policy, then you are not permitted to use our software or services.
1445 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20005
Last modified on October 3, 2018