Partner and Nonprofit Highlight: National Hispanic Heritage Month
Each year, National Hispanic Heritage Month falls between September 15 and October 15. EveryAction is proud to support organizations who fund, create, organize, advocate, and build power with Hispanic and Latinx communities. Today, we’re taking a moment to showcase some of our partners and clients who have teamed up to serve and partner with Hispanic and Latinx communities, advancing their missions and doing more good.
Voto Latino + Teal Media
Voto Latino is a grassroots political organization focused on educating and empowering a new generation of Latinx voters. Teal Media is a woman-owned and woman-led full-service creative agency with a conscience. According to Teal Media, “more than 50% of us are women, nearly 30% are people of color, and 20% of us are immigrants.”
Voto Latino’s Vision
Voting is the most effective way to make your voice heard on the issues that matter most to you. Don’t like the direction the country is headed in? Vote. Don’t feel like politicians are listening to you? They will if you vote. Want representatives that are from your community and share your values? It starts with voting.
Latinxs are a huge and growing voting bloc, and if we all come out to the polls to flex our power, there’s nothing to stop us from having a reflective, inclusive, and accountable government. It all starts with registering to vote.
- Vote for your future. Worried about climate change? Thinking about how you’ll pay off your student loans? Hoping you’ll have health insurance when you need it? Vote for leaders that are committed to solving these problems for you and for future generations.
- Vote for your community. Latinx communities tend to face particularly challenging issues: racial profiling by law enforcement, gentrification and housing affordability, unsafe workplaces, segregated public schools, immigration raids. These issues will only be addressed equitably when Latinx voices are at the table. That means turning out to vote, and supporting candidates that understand the community and the issues we all face.
- Vote for those who can’t. Most of us know someone whose immigration status doesn’t allow them to vote. But they still deserve a voice in our government. If you are eligible to vote, vote for those who can’t but need leaders who care about them.
- Vote for progress in this country. 2020 has been a hard year for many of us. Police brutality is an issue that threatens the livelihood of the Afro-Latinx community, COVID-19 has disproportionately affected our community, all because of poor leadership. Now more than ever, we need to elect officials who care about our health, safety, and well-being.
- Because if you don’t, others will. Maybe you’re not that into politics but guess what? Your boss is. Your landlord is. Your insurance company is. And every day they’re using political power to keep your pay low, raise your rent, and deny you coverage. When you don’t vote, decisions will get made that affect you, but you won’t have a say.
Teal Media and Voto Latino Together
Teal Media partnered with Voto Latino to modernize their visual identity and redesign their website in preparation for the 2020 election. Together, they were able to register over 1 million voters, raise $35 million, and mobilize 3.7 million voters.
Want to learn more? Discover how Voto Latino transformed the voting bloc in 2020, sign up for their 13th Annual Power Summit, and check out more of Teal Media’s work.
GreenLatinos + ALRAS Digital
GreenLatinos is a national nonprofit that convenes a broad coalition of Latino leaders committed to addressing national, regional, and local environmental, natural resources and conservation issues that significantly affect the health and welfare of the U.S. Latino community. ALRAS Digital is a full-service digital agency that specializes in digital and equitable communications strategies for individuals and organizations who want to make an impact.
GreenLatinos provides an inclusive table at which its members establish collaborative partnerships and networks to improve the environment; protect and promote conservation of land and other natural resources; amplify the voices of low-income and tribal communities; and train, mentor, and promote the current and future generations of Latino environmental leaders for the benefit of the Latino community and beyond.
GreenLatinos is an active comunidad of Latino/a/x leaders, emboldened by the power and wisdom of our culture, united to demand equity and dismantle racism, resourced to win our environmental, conservation, and climate justice battles, and driven to secure our political, economic, cultural, and environmental liberation.
GreenLatinos’ vision statement:
We envision a healthy and equitable society where communities of color are liberated from disproportionate environmental burdens, free to breathe fresh air, drink pure water, access clean transportation, and enjoy our majestic public lands, ocean, and waters.
GreenLatinos develops and advocates for policies and programs to advance this mission, illustrated by their 21-24 Strategic Vision.
GreenLatinos and ALRAS Digital Together
Founded by a Latino leader, ALRAS works with an extensive network of Latin@ changemakers to create measurable change through advocacy campaigns, thought leadership initiatives, and grassroots engagement across issue areas, from education to environment and labor.
During a six-month period with GreenLatinos, ALRAS Digital’s team served as day-to-day digital strategists, elevated digital communications, conducted a comprehensive review of social media, and launched a new website for the organization. ALRAS’ team has continued to support their website and member engagement as well as advised on major organizational shifts, including a transition to EveryAction.
“While we strive to incorporate our Latino heritage into our work through Afro-Caribbean inspired artwork and bilingual communications,’ says ALRAS, “we are making a special effort to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month as an agency and with our clients through several social media campaigns and advocacy initiatives that honor Latino contributions and prioritize issues that affect Latino communities in the U.S.”
Learn more about and support GreenLatinos’ work, and read more about how ALRAS Digital uses digital strategy to fuel change.
Here at EveryAction, we’re proud to partner with nonprofits who support and center Hispanic and Latinx communities during National Hispanic Heritage month and all year long. Check out this longer list of Hispanic and Latinx-centric organizations everyone should know about, and talk to us to learn more about how the right platform can support you as you advance your mission.